Truckee Christmas Events + Activities
Thanksgiving puts most of us in the mood for what’s just around the corner: Christmas! You already know you live in a beautiful, amazing community. If you’re still wondering what to do this Christmas, we hope these Truckee Christmas Activities will give you a few ideas for the holiday season.
TREE LIGHTING → You may want to kick-start your holiday spirit by heading down to the annual Christmas Tree Lighting, which takes place this year on Friday, November 18th at the Train Depot. Festivities start at 4:00. The North Lake Tahoe area is ready for snow, holiday wonders, and of course Santa!
CHARITY → Our community is strong, and giving. Last year, hundreds of families benefitted from Truckee Community Christmas. Would you like to find out how you can participate or help? Please visit their Facebook page, or website. This all-volunteer organization would appreciate your support.
THEATRE → December 3 and 4, Truckee Community Theatre presents The Lion King at the Truckee Community Arts Center. Or listen to the TRuckee Youth Chorus at Resort at Squaw Creek on December 10th and 11th. Please visit the Theatre’s website for more information.
CONCERT → An annual holiday favorite, the Truckee Community Chorus Holiday Glow Concert, takes place on Saturday, December 10 at 7pm, and Sunday, December 11 at 2 pm. Note the new location is the Sierra Bible Church at 1460 Brockway Rd. Advance tickets purchased before December 1st are $15, $20 at the door. $5 for those under 18 years old.
CREATE → Do you want to impress family and friends with your cookie creations this Christmas? Consider Atelier’s Cookie Making workshop on December 22. Partnered with Trokay, you’ll learn “how to mix, roll out and shape, bake and frost” your own amazing batch of cookies. Ages are 7 and up. Please visit the event’s Web page for full details.
RESORTS → Have breakfast with Santa on Christmas morning! Tahoe Donner is offering breakfast with THE esteemed guest at 10 am followed by a half day of skiing. Info is on their web site.
Northstar California has a number of holiday/Christmas events. For full details, please visit their events calendar for December, and click on what interests you. Here are just a few of the things going on at the Northstar:
- November 26th is the annual tree lighting by the skating rink.
- December 1, 8, 15 and 22 is the time for Noel Night, beginning at 5 p.m. Join Carolers in the Village, take a sleigh ride, enjoy hot cocoa and s’mores by the fire, or get photos with Santa.
- The Northern Lights Festival takes place on December 10, and is lots of fun for the kids with glow-in-the-dark face painting, ballons, and games cl=ulminating with fireworks.
- Like snowshoeing? Want to go star gazing? Combine the two on December 21 & 28, from 5-7:30 p.m!
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows has several events for the young and young at heart. Their events calendar lays out all the details but here are a few highlights:
- December 17-25 meet Santa in the Village. Look for him at the Big Chair in the Village at Squaw Valley.
- December 17-24 Enjoy listening to the great Basin carolers as they wander around the Village.
- December17-25 Who wouldn’t want to ski with Santa? How exciting would that be? Swoosh with Santa on the slopes.
Please enjoy your Christmas and holiday season safely, in good health, and in fine spirits.
This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.